500+ Seed Packet
NON GMO , Mesclun Mix
- A colorful collection of tender salad greens
- Mixed Leafy Greens
- Great addition to any salad
- Prefers full sun exposure
A gourmet blend containing 15% each of lettuces (Black-Seeded Simpson, Red Salad Bowl, Lollo Rossa and Royal Oak Leaf) with 20% arugula Rocket and 20% radicchio Red Verona.
- For optimum flavor, grow in cool weather after danger of frost. Mesclun will not germinate at temperatures over 80 degrees F.
- Prepare the bed by turning the soil under to a depth of 8 inches. Level with a rake to remove clumps of grass and stones.
- Sow in average soil in full sun in mid spring for the first crop and again in late summer for a fall crop. When sowing in late summer, plant in a protected area when temperatures are below 75 degrees F.
- In rows 12 inches apart, sow seed directly in the ground ¼ inch deep and cover with fine soil. Firm lightly and keep evenly moist. Or, broadcast the seeds in the bed.
- Seedlings emerge in 7-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- Plant every 2 weeks to extend harvest time.
- Thin gradually to stand 6 inches apart when seedlings are 1-2 inches high.