50 Seed Packet
Packed in Resealable Foil Packaging for Freshness and Reuse
Multiple Sizes Available, Sweet and Popular Peaches and Cream Corn
Non GMO, Hybrid Variety, Treated Seed
Peaches & Cream actually gives two different sweet flavors in every bite. It matures early in the season, grows to 6 ft. tall and has 8 1/2" long ears.
The pretty bicolor kernels are borne in 18-20 rows.
- Isolate corn varieties when recommended, by planting corn seeds at least 250 feet apart, or select varieties that mature at least 2 weeks apart so they will not cross pollinate.
- When choosing a site for corn, plant on the north side of your garden so the tall plants do not shade other plants in your vegetable garden.
- Corn is a warm season crop and should not be planted in cool soils. The non Sh2 varieties tend to be more tolerant of cool soils, but in general the soil should be about 65 degrees F or warmer.
- Sow corn seed 1 inch deep, 5 to 6 inches apart in rows 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Seedlings emerge in 7-14 days.
- When corn seedlings are 3-5 inches tall and healthy, thin to 1 foot apart.
- Growing corn is easy provided you have enough space and plenty of sun. Corn is wind-pollinated, so you need to plant in blocks to ensure pollination. You should have a minimum 10 foot by 10 foot area. The exception to this rule is ‘On Deck’ corn, which has been bred to grow in containers. If you are growing ‘On Deck’, choose a container that is at least 24 inches wide and deep and plant nine seeds evenly spaced.
- All sweet corn seeds are coated with a fungicide to promote germination and protect the seed during germination.